MASI works to enhance the social performance of mining companies and support governments in low-income countries to harness the potential of generating socio-economic benefits from mining. Our team specialises in non-technical, above-ground social risk mitigation and management planning. Specifically, we offer services for mining companies, governments and civil society organisations that aim to yield positive and concrete socio-economic outcomes for project-affected communities.
Increased awareness of evolving international standards in mining have caused an upsurge in the demand for more robust approaches to stakeholder engagement. Socially responsible resource companies require specific knowledge and tools to fulfil this demand. MASI aims to provide solutions that effectively mitigate and manage socio-economic risks and their associated costs.
Risk and Mitigation
- New-market entry assessment
- Social baseline studies
- Human Rights due diligence
Stakeholder Engagement & Management Planning
- Community relations
- Grievance mechanisms
- Livelihoods (social and labour plans)
- Stakeholder mapping and consultations
Advisory and Project Management
- Advisory on gender dimensions of mining and conflict-affected communities
- Project management support to corporate social responsibility projects
- Coordination and project management support to multi-stakeholder responsible mining initiatives